Thursday, September 5, 2013

The OD&D Handbook Project - Part the Ninth (Leaving the Nest)

The project continues apace. The first book is at 18 pages (each page divided into two) and the character classes are being rounded out with the bard.

That's right - bard.

"But, there was no bard class in the original booklets!"

I know that. I also know that the original intent of this project was to incorporate as many official and "semi-official" OD&D sources as possible. That includes The Strategic Review (ranger, illusionist, monsters, magic, and more) and The Dragon (for similar material). Issue #6 of The Strategic Review introduced the bard class and I am adding it to the project in as coherent a manner as I can.

The bard will be the last class for the first booklet. As it is not really a sub-class, the bard is put at the end of the character class section. I will post more pages from the booklet soon.

Wish me luck when I get to the section on spells. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment